Forever Beaumore and Hainan Airlines presents: Ao Dai Festival IV
Ao Dai Festival IV - May 15, 2016
Celebrating Vietnamese Art and Culture
Honoring the Past. Creating New Traditions.
The Ao Dai Festival, a multi-dimensional experience celebrating Vietnamese art and culture returns to downtown San Jose, on Sunday, May 15, 2016. Dancers and stilt walkers dressed in the traditional Ao Dai and scores of musicians and drummers ignite the festivities in a spectacular pre-show outdoor ceremony set against a tapestry of colored flags and red silk banners.
The evening dinner-show extravaganza presents the mythological tale of “Sơn Tinh, Thủy Tinh” set to the music of Vanessa Van Anh Vo and features the exotic fashions of world renown Ao Dai designers. This family-friendly event will be a stunning visual feast appealing to everyone who appreciates beauty, theater, visual arts fashion and cultural diversity.
the mythological tale of “Sơn Tinh, Thủy Tinh”
Ao Dai Festival Outdoor Event
(Free to the public)
Princess Coming-of-Age Celebration: An introduction of the mythological tale of “Sơn Tinh (mountain), Thủy Tinh, (water)” featuring traditional Vietnamese music and the lastest fashions of Ao Dai Designers.
“Sơn Tinh, Thủy Tinh”
As the princess Mỵ Nương has reached the age of marriage, her father, King Hung calls for prospective suitors (Ao Dai designers) to battle for the hand of his daughter.
The designer who can dazzling the princess with the most beautiful Ao Dai will win her heart and become her husband.
The outdoor event presents the first battle in this epic tale.
The Festival includes: Free Outdoor Festivities
- Festival Ceremony
- Featuring 100 Ao Dai models, 20 zither performers and 20 drummers
- Dragon Dance
- Ao Dai stilt walkers
(for ticket holders only)
- Indoor – Literary Discussion sponsored by Lac Viet Literary Group
- Cocktail Reception: Bronze Drum and Visual Art exhibition sponsored by Doctors Chẩn Kiều – Quỳnh Kiều and Viet Art Center, gourmet wine, hors d’oeuvres, and meeting the all the artists/designers
- Designer’s Walk
- Indoor – Dinner-Show featuring the production of Sơn Tinh Thuỷ Tinh
- Music performed by Emmy Award Winner Vanessa Vo
- Fashion Show of exquisite Ao Dai International Designers dazzle with exquisite creations from traditional to modern
- Humanitarian Awards
- Ao Dai Fashion Awards
- Live Auction, and more!
Ao Dai Fashions from Designers
Ao Dai Chi Silk