Welcome to the 2012 Ao Dai Festival
A Celebration of Vietnamese Art and Culture
Against a tapestry of colored flags and red silks, one hundred dancers dressed in the Vietnamese Ao Dai will dance to the drumbeats of forty drummers in front of the Center for the Performing Arts in San Jose, California on September 15 at 3 pm, marking the opening of the 2012 Ao Dai Vietnamese Cultural Festival.
The event is hosted by the Friends of Hue Foundation and the GreenRice
Foundation Inc. All festival proceeds benefit the FHF Children Shelter located in Hue, Vietnam.
Designers from Vietnam and the Greater Bay Area are invited to celebrate Vietnamese visual arts, language and energy. The event is designed to promote the beauty and grace of Vietnamese women. This family-friendly event will be a stunning visual feast appealing to everyone who appreciates beauty, fashion and cultural diversity.
The Festival includes:
- Fashion Show of exquisite Ao Dai – International Designers dazzle with exquisite creations from traditional to modern
- Music performed by Emmy Award Winner Vanessa Vo and featuring famous singer Ngoc Ha
- Fine Art Exhibition, curated by internationally renowned artist, Trinh
Mai, including a diverse collection of California Vietnamese Artists
- FREE Outdoors concert, featuring Soulful Obsession & Thùy Linh
- Humanitarian Awards, Ao Dai Fashion Awards hosted by Vicky Nguyen, NBC Bay Area
- Vietnamese Food, Silent Auction, and more!
View the Program of Events for all the details.
Join us for this exciting event on September 15, 2012.
Event sponsorship also available.
Read more about the history of the Ao Dai and its significance relative to Vietnamese culture.
San Jose Center for Performing Arts 255 Almaden Blvd San Jose CA Location Map