- Sunday, May 4, 2014, Fairmont Hotel, Downtown San Jose 5pm - 9pm
- An exciting re-creation of a traditional Vietnamese Wedding Ceremony
- The premier of "Yearning Mountain" musical storytelling of ancient Vietnam
- Vanessa Van-Anh Vo Ensemble, featuring Taiko drummers Jimi Nakagawa and Jason Jong
- Vo Viet Chung, Diep Quoc Thanh, Khanh Shyna, Duc Hung, Debbie Nghiem, Ella Viet and Daniella Do
- Art Exhibition, Ellen Brooks, artist, Jazz vocalist Thuy Linh, Live Auction, Formal Dinner Program, and More!
- Join us, as we empower the Leaders of Tomorrow
A Celebration of Vietnamese Art and Culture
Against a tapestry of colored flags and red silks, one hundred dancers dressed in the Vietnamese Ao Dai will dance to the drumbeats of forty drummers in front of the Fairmont Hotel San Jose, California on Sunday, May 4, 2014, marking the opening of the 2014 Ao Dai Vietnamese Cultural Festival.
Designers from Vietnam and the Greater Bay Area are invited to celebrate Vietnamese visual arts, language and energy. The event is designed to promote the beauty and grace of Vietnamese women. This family-friendly event will be a stunning visual feast appealing to everyone who appreciates beauty, fashion and cultural diversity.
The Festival includes:
Free Outdoor Festivities
- “Vinh Quy Bai To” (Traditional horse and carriage wedding ceremony.)
- Featuring 100 Ao Dai models, 20 zither performers and 20 drummers
- Dragon Dance
- Ao Dai stilt walkers
Indoor Event (for ticket holders only)
- VIP Champagne & Cocktail Reception, Cognac testing sponsored by Martell
- Cocktail Reception with Jazz performance by Thuy Linh and her Jazz Quartet
- Designer’s Walk
- Face and Hand Painting
- Music performed by Emmy Award Winner Vanessa Vo
- Hon Vong Phu (Yearning Mountain – poetry in motion)
- Fashion Show of exquisite Ao Dai – International Designers dazzle with exquisite creations from traditional to modern
- Humanitarian Awards
- Ao Dai Fashion Awards
- Gourmet Five Course Asian Cuisine Dinner with Wine
- Live Auction, and more!
View the Program of Events for all the details.
AO DAI FESTIVAL III is presented by
Join us for this exciting event on Sunday, May 4, 2014.
Event sponsorship also available.
Read more about the history of the Ao Dai and its significance relative to Vietnamese culture.
The Fairmont San Jose, 170 South Market St., San Jose CA Location Map